MISSION STATEMENT: "COMMITMENT TO GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT"
We, at Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority, are committed to growth for the Authority and all our employees for the Development of the Greater Port Harcourt City.
It is the culture of the Authority to develop its own leaders by hiring individuals with high potentials and promoting from within. To achieve this goal GPH uses a Continuous Development Process (CDP) to advance the skills and competencies of all employees. Commitment to training at every level combined with opportunities for job assignments, allows employees to gain experience and develop new skills.
Nonetheless, GPH expects its employees to take charge of their own careers, taking personal initiatives to develop the qualifications to grow and advance. This high performance culture is a part of GPH core values and is reflected by how we operate. In today’s competitive business environment, each employee is perceived as being a key contributor to the creation of value for the Authority.
We recognise that our long term success depends on the abilities and competencies of all our employees with emphasis on the execution of our projects in the increasingly complex environments we operate.
Commitment to the values of the Authority is a vision shared by all GPH employees who demonstrate their commitment to the ‘The Authority’ culture.
Integrity is the foundation of our individual and corporate actions. GPH employees are accountable for our actions; accept our role to be responsible citizens committed to the health and safety of people, protection of the environment, and compliance with laws, regulations, and Authority policies. GPH employees are honest, trustworthy, respectful and ethical in our actions, honour our commitments and accountable for our actions, successes and failures.
GPH employees share resources towards the achievement of common goals. All employees are committed to the achievement of common goals, open communication is encouraged up, down, and across the organisation and most importantly through recognition of the diversity of our workforce.
GPH employees focus on what is important via establishing and communicating clear expectations, relentlessly pursuing success, striving for flawless execution, celebrating success and the application of learning gained from failure and continuously looking for new ways to improve the delivery of services.
- Professionalism and Ethics: We are poised to practice unremittingly the highest form of professionalism to enable us deliver efficient and courteous services towards the emergence of a world class city.
- Integrity and Accountability: Our commitment to probity and accountability is unwavering. We distinguish ourselves as an institution where all activities and personal relationships are carried out in the most responsible manner no matter the circumstances.
- Loyalty and selflessness: Absolute loyalty and selfless service are part of the hallmark of all GPH employees. Our pledge to remain faithful to the ideals of the Authority will always be demonstrated both in words and deed. We will be totally committed to our duties. We will make every sacrifice necessary to advance, protect and defend the interest of the Authority. This we will accomplish assiduously with a profound sense of responsibility and pride.
- Confidentiality: We are bound by our commitment to respect and protect the privacy of our institution. We treat all information on our activities with utmost sense of responsibility and confidence. We will not directly or indirectly communicate any information to any third party except as may be required for the discharge of our duties or as required by law or as may be specifically permitted by the relevant authorities.
- Fairness to, and Respect for Individuals and the Authority: We are fair to all concerned in our business and interpersonal relationships. We will respect and show concern for the views of others and deal justly with all and with the Authority.
- Social Responsibility; we strongly believe in the philosophy of Corporate Social Responsibility. Therefore, we will continue to remain responsive to the needs of the society in which we operate.
Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes and values differences. We employ people of diverse background, regardless of gender, tribe, social and marital status.
The policy is to develop a recruitment programme that continuously selects candidates with the highest aptitude and potential for development into world class professionals.
The recruitment strategy is therefore designed to meet our need to attract and select the candidates that meet with our objective.
All vacant positions are advertised in the Print Media and on our website.